Monday 28 January 2008

losing loss / for a.

You once said that you thought something is irretrievably lost when words are given to emotions. You will remember that I initially disagreed. But upon reflection, I have changed my mind. And that is precisely why I am putting my emotions to words now.

Yes my dear, something is indeed lost in that leap from emotion to word. The fear of loss is lost. The hollow chasm of mute uncertainty is breached by something greater than itself. In letting go of the imagined fear of losing something, we find someone. First our self, and then ourselves. I wish to take that leap with you, to never cease finding our self and ourselves in each act of communion that flies in the masqueraded face of loss. For what is a relationship if not a journey of discovery of self and selves, and self for selves.

I'm looking across at the other side now, and bracing myself. I don't think the gap looks very wide. Between the both of us, I think we can make it. I'm extending my hand to you now. Won't you take it?

No comments: